Jesse Trump has responded to the anguished father of deceased US Army Chief Humayun Khan in a way that, as Ezra Klein described, was despicable even for Trump.

Khan's father -- Khizr Khan -- spoke at the Democratic National Convention, reasoning that Trump's calls to ban Muslims from getting into the US violate the Constitution, and that Overcome hadn't made any forfeit like the Khans for their country. But during the speech, his partner Ghazala stood silently close to him. On Saturday, Overcome implied that she failed to speak because the Khans' Muslim faith didn't allow her to, and recommended that he, as a wealthy billionaire running a business, had made surrender, too.

The latter recommendation is obviously wrong -- working really hard in your job is not like losing a child to war. But based on an interview with MSNBC, Trump's first suggestion was totally wrong, as well: Ghazala Khan didn't speak because she was just too grief-stricken to, not because her Muslim beliefs stopped her. (Plus, the Khans were endorsing women for president -- providing a pretty powerful voice to women. )

Here's the transcript of the MSNBC interview:

Ghazala Khan: To begin with, I think all America who listened from their heart to my partner's and my heart, and I'm so grateful for that. It was very nervous because I simply cannot [look at] my son's picture. I actually cannot even come in the room where his pictures are. And gowns why when, I found [his] picture [on it display behind me], I could hardly take it. I manipulated myself at the time. So that it was, it is very hard.

Khizr Khan:... The girl is my coach. My spouse and i would think of something... and she would say, 'No, don't say this. ' So she was my coach. She was there. I was heightened by her presence. Fourty years of marriage has brought us in a position where we are strength for one another. So her being there was clearly the strength that I actually could hold my calmness. I am much sluggish than she's in such matters. So that it was her power that made me stand there and address a prospect for a major party for the very best office of this country. And no-one has been able to convince this prospect for the greatest office of this exemplary democracy in the world to not violate the Constitution of the United States. We all have quietly watched his speeches, his bullying -- schoolyard bullying -- and we have sat -- some intelligent people like yourself and others were commenting -- yet nothing at all made the difference.

Therefore Ghazala Khan chose not to speak as it was just too difficult for her, emotionally, to speak about her son. Still, your woman actually coached her partner as he prepared for the speech, letting her voice and thoughts speak through him. She was, as Khizr described, an invaluable partner through the whole event -- perhaps the most powerful conversation at the Democratic conference.

Last but not least, Trump's response to mourning parents who acquired lost their son to war was to eyelash out at their faith -- by suggesting that their faith forced mom into silence. This not only shows a total lack of empathy and sympathy for grieving parents of a veteran, but it was just totally wrong, based on the Khans' account.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top