Pass up Teen USA 2016 success Karlie Hay has voiced out after racial slurs she allegedly made in the past resurfaced. The Texan beauty queen, who won the pageant competition on 30 July in Las Vegas, admits your woman is "not proud" of her offensive language. The Miss Universe Organisation have explained they are assisting the model through the controversy.

Hay, 18, is purported to have used the N-word in twitter posts which were posted by the beauty queen in 2013 and now reposted with a social press user. Addressing the repercussion, Hay wrote on Instagram: "Several in years past, I got many personal struggles and found myself in an area that is not characteristic of who I are as a person. My spouse and i admit that I have used language publicly before which I am not pleased with and that there is no excuse for. "

[caption id="attachment_217" align="aligncenter" width="716"]Several years ago, I had many personal struggles and found myself in a place that is not representative of who I am as a person. I admit that I have used language publicly in the past which I am not proud of and that there is no excuse for. Through hard work, education and thanks in large part to the sisterhood that I have come to know through pageants, I am proud to say that I am today a better person. I am honored to hold this title and I will use this platform to promote the values of The Miss Universe Organization, and my own, that recognize the confidence, beauty and perseverance of all women. Several years ago, I had many personal struggles and found myself in a place that is not representative of who I am as a person. I admit that I have used language publicly in the past which I am not proud of and that there is no excuse for. Through hard work, education and thanks in large part to the sisterhood that I have come to know through pageants, I am proud to say that I am today a better person. I am honored to hold this title and I will use this platform to promote the values of The Miss Universe Organization, and my own, that recognize the confidence, beauty and perseverance of all women.[/caption]

She continued: "Through hard work, education and thanks in large part to the sisterhood that I have come to know through pageants, My spouse and i is proud to say that I am today an improved person. I have always been honoured to hold this title and I will use this platform to promote the values from the Miss Universe Organisation, and my own, that understand the confidence, beauty and perseverance of all women. "

Defending their Neglect Teen USA winner, the organisation admitted that while Hay's language was unwanted, the beauty queen is apologetic about her remarks. In their own affirmation, the board said: "The language Karlie Hay used is unacceptable at any age and no way reflects the values of The Miss Universe Enterprise.

"As Karlie stated, the lady was in a different place in her life and made a serious mistake she regrets and for which she really apologises. Karlie learned many lessons through those personal struggles that reshaped her life and values. All of us as an organisation are committed to supporting her continued growth. inches

A number of years ago, I acquired many personal struggles and found myself in a place that is not representative of who My spouse and i is as a person. I admit that we have used language publicly in the past which My spouse and i is not proud of and that there is no excuse for. Through hard work, education and thanks in large part to the sisterhood that I have found know through pageants, I i am proud to say that we is today an improved person. I actually is honored to carry this title and I uses this platform to promote the values of The Miss Universe Organization, and my own, that understand the confidence, beauty and perseverance of all women.

Many are still not convinced by Hay's apology and possess called for the organisation for taking back the crown. One commented: "Congrats to the new @MissTeenUSA, Karlie Hay... who seemingly has an affinity for RACIAL SLURS #TakeHerCrown, inch while another said: "Please dethrone @MissTeenUSA Karlie Hay. Using racial slurs (whether in the past or present) can never be justified as a problem #MissTeenUSA. "

Hay has also received criticism from former Miss Teen UNITED STATES Kamie Crawford, who messaged: "I can take the #missteenusa top 5 being an all white, all blonde top 5. The things i can't take is - why don't the winner clean up her page? If circumstance win any pageant - first things first. Tidy up ur page. Cus if ur under twenty-one u shouldn't b drinking&if ur WHITE the in word ain't yo term! "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top